Coaches are uniquely powerful people. They thrive on success and do everything they can to help others succeed.
Coaches are among the very few people who build trusting relationships that are entirely one-sided. They devote their time and energy to you. While they won’t fix or solve your problems, coaches are catalysts for change, and they stick with you until change occurs.
Think of a coach as a guiding light that will assist you in seeing with clarity what’s ahead of you, or as a GPS that will steer you away from the route that everyone else is taking. Think of him or her as a rebel who will challenge the status quo, or as a realist who can recognize a different you that you may not have known even existed.
A coach could be exactly what you need to make a serious life change. Below are just some of the things a coach can do for you:
- A coach can identify stress triggers, behaviours and attitudes that inhibit you from being your best self.
- She can help you identify roadblocks, and will work with you to build a concrete plan to overcome those obstacles and reach a higher level in your career, finances, fitness or relationships.
- A coach will help you design detailed plans to accommodate your specific wants and needs; there is no one size fits all.
- He knows how to change the way you’re accustomed to thinking. He is just as (if not more) stubborn as you.
- She provides you an opportunity to think deeply about your present and future, where you are and where you want to go.
- A coach is remarkably patient and will help you push through any temporary setback. Progress is not linear, and he is well aware of this.
- She will help you develop and accomplish short-term and long-term goals.
Helen Marie Fox is a health and performance coach who has helped hundreds of individuals and groups perform at their best. Her strategic approach to goal achievement leaves people armed with the knowledge, skills and essential mindset required to create change. Read more.